Blow room line in spinning mill is more prone to fire as cotton / fibre is processed for cleaning & other requirements. The fire may be mainly due to friction. Process being continuous & connected to various machines through ducts, can not be detected immediately & this may prove hazardous damaging machines / raw material & ultimately loss of production till damaged machines are set right.
SYSTEM MAINLY CONSISTS OF
- Spark detectors covering 360°
- Heat detectors operating at 65° C.
- Electronic control panel
- CO2 cylinder bank.
- Spring loaded Non-clog type nozzle
- Pneumatically operated damper
Spark detectors & heat detectors are provided at machines more prone to fire & having large storage of material in the process machine. Any burning cotton / fibre will be detected by spark detectors & with rise of temperature heat detector will activate electronic panel which will
- Stop complete blow room line thereby preventing further travel of brunt material to other machines.
- Give audio – visual signal indicating the zone affected.
- After pre-set time of 30 seconds (adjustable) give signal to all cylinder bank to puncture the cylinder disc.
- Now CO2 will be fed to well designed pipe net work connected to all machines.
- CO2 will be discharged through spring loaded Non – clog type nozzle installed in machines & ducts. This will flood the complete blow room line & extinguish the fire. CO2 quantity is based on 54% concentration which is sufficient to extinguish the fire.
- Dampers are provided to ducts leading to filter room or to cellar which will be closed to maintain the CO2 concentration.
- Piping extended up to card inlet will provide protection up to card inlet.
CO2 gas will not spoil the material in process & blow room line can be restarted immediately.
In case of emergency, arrangement provided on cylinder banks to flood the CO2 manually irrespective of the signal from spark detector / heat detector.
Hooking Up Of Co2 System To Existing Diversion System
In case if you are already having diversion / sensing system to existing blow room line, we can provide above CO2 system without spark / heat detectors. Signal will be tapped from your existing system & processed by panel to be supplied by us which will operate CO2 bank & flood the line with CO2.
No electrical connection is to be done to existing panel for diversion. Only potential free contact of existing panel will be utilized to operate CO2 system
Fire Alarm Control Panel
Fire Alarm Control Panel is the back bone of the entire system which gives input to the detector
and receives the signal from the detectors. It gives audio visual fire indication and also trip machines as per the system requirement and actuates the solenoid to supply the compressed air to the pneumatic actuator to operate Diversion Dampers pneumatically. The Control Panel works with 230 V AC primary input supply and 24 V DC secondary battery back up. The entire system works with 24 V DC.