FM-200 fire suppression system.
FM - 200 Extinguishing System
FM – 200 has established it self as one of the most popular clean fire suppression agents. This is due to its ability to quickly knock down Class A,B and C fires with no risk of thermal shock damage to delicate equipment. FM – 200 is electrically non – conductive and non-corrosive; it leaves no residue.
Another major consideration is the fact that, if discharged, the FM -200 gas does not itself pose any threat to human life, FM 200 exists as a gas in the earth’s atmosphere and is one of the by – products of combustion. It’s use has no environmental impact.
What is FM - 200® ?
Physical and Chemical properties :
- Empirical formulae : CF3-CHF-CF3
- Iupac designation : 1, 1, 1, 2, 333,
- Ashrae designation : HFC-227ea
- Molecular weight : 170.03
- Boiling point : 2.55oF (-16.36oC)
- Freezing point : -204o F (-131oC)
- Liquid density at 70o F : 87.58 Lb / ft3
- Vapour pressure at 70o F : 58.8 pisa
- Ozone depletion potential : 0
- Atmospheric Lifetime : 31-42 years
- Data processing facilities.
- Telecommunication networks.
- Process control rooms.
- High value medical facilities.
- High value industrial equipment areas.
- Libraries, museums and art galleries.
- Flammable liquid storage area.
Benefits of FM-200®
- Zero ozone depletion - no phaseout schedule.
- Perfectly safe for occupied areas.
- UL/FMRC approved listed components.
- Less hardware compared to other ineret gas based extingushents.
- Low maintenance.
- Low-pressure system - gas stored at 25 bar.
- UL/FM listed computer designs for flow, maximises
- Engineered, pre-engineered or modular systems.
FM-200® Meets following requirements
- Quick acting.
- High shelf life.
- Time tested and approved by authority.
- Clean and safe for equipment.
- People safe.
- Environment friendly.
- Versatile enough to take care of all classes of fire.
- Long term availability.
- Space efficient.
- No collateral damage to assets, which the system is
meant to protect.
Includes an impressive array of products covering all aspects of fire protection for commercial applications such as building protection, critical assets protection etc. and industrial applications for chemical, petrochemical, aviation and other sectors.
- Conventional / Microprocessor bases automatic fire
- Intelligent analogue addressable fire detection
- Distributed intelligence addressable fire detection
- Laser based high sensitivity smoke detection
- Liner heat sensing cable systems.
Fm – 200 not only prevents extensive fire damage but also virtually eliminates collateral damage to delicate equipment and instruments from the extinguishant itself :
- FM-200® is a clean agent containing no particulars or oily residues.
- FM-200® does not significantly reduce oxygen levels and is safe for occupied spaces where your most important assets, human resource reside.
- After FM-200® is discharged it can be removed from the protected space by simple ventilation allowing you to resume normal operations quickly.